This weekend I was able to attend Time Out for Women in Salt Lake City. My best friend Julie invited me to come with and who says no to a girls night (and day) out.
So we left the boys with their Dads and we went on our adventure.
When I first heard about TOFW I was told they want to make you laugh, they want to make you cry and they want to make you shop at Deseret Book.
So I was going to be strong the only thing they were going to get out of me was laughs. (take that)
So they got my laughs and man they earned them (Dear Hilary Weeks please put that laundry song on a CD)
Then they got my tears. There was a singer that came and he sung a song called He's my son, and the chorus was exactly like the prayer I had the morning I found Carter not breathing in his bed.
So needless to say I bought the CD(you won this round TOFW but wait until next year)
"Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow
See, he's not just anyone
He's my son "
| Dallyn Vail Bayles singing He's my son(my hands were shaking) |
| Not the best marketing scheme but I still bought one. |
| Julie and I (with my not low fat pina colada) |
| I loved feeling like I was 14 again. |
| I gave the Scottish man a dollar just so I could have a picture. |
| We tried to be sneaky and take a picture with the cool mustache guy but he totally knew what we were doing. |
| Hilary Weeks and I |
Remember my post after Carter died of the Song Just let me Cry? Well Hilary Weeks wrote and sang that song and ever since than I have wanted to give her a hug and tell her Thank You for her beautiful music (I got to do both) She even let me stand and talk to her for a while about my boys!!!
| Julie ended up not liking her expensive salad |
| I can't turn the picture but we got all the restrooms even the mens. |
Thank you Julie for letting me come with you and your family.
So on Friday night as we sat waiting for the next speaker to come up a hush came over the crowd and walking in front of us was Nie Nie and Mr Nielsen. That is right we were in the presence of blogging royalty!!! and Had we known that they would only be their on Friday night we would have joined the mobs around them and gotten a picture with her. On Saturday they announced that Nie Nie would be joining TOFW in 2011. So see you next year Nie Nie!
To learn more about TOFW
To read Nie Nie
And to read more about Hilary Weeks
click on the links.








1 comment:
Hey, my mom was right. She did see you there. My mom told me, "I thought I saw Lindsay there but when I walked over she was gone". I'll tell her you were there and that she wasn't seeing things.
Post a Comment