Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 15 and some advice

I am thankful for Hugs
When someone is hurting, our initial instinct is to give them WORDS of comfort. More often than not though these words of comfort are meaningless to us. We do not want to hear that time will heal or that (in my case) my baby is in a better place (I worked 9 months to make my home the best place for him)
 So with the 2 month anniversary of Carters death coming up let me give you a little advice.
Hugs are best.
I do not remember even 98 % of things that people told me to try and "help" when Carter died
the things I do remember are not the things you want me to remember you saying. 
(i.e. at least we know you are fertile)

I do however remember the love and caring that I felt when someone would hug me. I remember the peace that I would feel when all that was said was "I'm sorry and I love you". I remember the random acts of kindness (stuffed animals for my boys).  I also remember the times people would just sit with me and not expect me to talk or be involved in the things that were going on.

But mostly I remember the hugs!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Here's a hug from me.