Is it any surprise that today I am thankful for our veterans.
At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside CompiƩgne, France.(
info found here)
 |
| (My Dad) Kevin Carrell Vietnam |
"There is no expiration date for courage; there is no time limit for valor; there is no fitting prize for one's patriotism." Simon Nguyen
 |
| Wells Carrell WWII |
In 1919 President Wilson proclaimed November 11 as the first commemoration of Armistice Day. Veteran’s Day became a federally observed holiday in 1938.
 |
| Mildred and John Trais |
"On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free." Dan Lipinski
 |
Ralph Halton WWII
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Thank you to those who have served and who continue to serve our country. It takes a special kind of person to sacrifice what they have to go out and defend what the rest of us want. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
1 comment:
Linds- I love all these pictures! Where did you get them all? I need copies for my "collection". I love all the pictures we have of Ryan's grandpa in his uniform. I am so grateful for our rich heritage of patriots.
Post a Comment