Saturday, October 9, 2010

Please

I didn't write this but whoever did sure knows what I want to say and how to do it. I found this on Hilary Weeks blog about how the song "Just let me Cry" came about.


Please, don’t ask….

Please, don’t ask us if we’re over “it” yet. We’ll never be over it.

Please, don’t tell us they’re in a better place. They aren’t with us.

Please, don’t tell us you know how we feel unless you have lost a child.

Please, don’t ask us if we feel better. Bereavement isn’t a condition that clears up.

Please, don’t tell us, “At least you had them for a time.” What year would you choose for your child to die?

Please, don’t tell us, “God never gives you more than you can bear.”

Please, just tell us you are sorry.

Please, just say you remember our children, if you do.

Please, just let us talk about our children.

Please, mention our children’s names.

Please, just let us cry.

4 comments:

McElwain Family said...

That's beautiful.

sweets said...

that says it all, I love it!

Ashley Sullenger said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! It's so hard. I know I'm not too much further out than you, but some of the intense pain lessens just a little bit. Keep your chin up, I can tell you are a great mom. I remember reading this poem and thought it expressed exactly what I was feeling.
Your sweet little family will be in my prayers tonight!

Love,
Ashley Sullenger

Inspired Creations By Heidi said...

This song is one of my favorites!! It is so true. I'm so thankful for Hillary weeks and her inspired nature. Her music is very therapeutic for me. Another great one is He'll carry you.