Tuesday, January 18, 2011

4 months in heaven

Dear Carter,
It has been 4 months since you left for heaven. 
As your dad and I sat and talked about you today we talked of things we were so excited to tell you someday.
So I thought I would put some of them on here.

While I was pregnant with you we had a list of over 60 names that we had come up with including
Clint, Finn, Mel, Price (to go with Fischer) and many others.
We finally decided on Carter because I loved the name and I loved that it would be on all of your clothes.
Daddy liked it because it was not Finn.
With your middle name we went with the tradition of picking a family name preferably one from both sides.
After much thought we decided on John after mommys Great Grandpa, John Trais and Daddys Uncle, John Korndoerfer.
Your name Carter John we felt would be a good strong name for you to have throughout your life.

We also talked about your *photo shoot* at Aunt Kristi's house.
You weren't even a month old yet and every time we tried to get you to do one of these cute poses that most babies sleep through.
 You would spring up like a frog and face plant it just like so. You never stopped moving.
 and notice how you are wearing a diaper in these next two photos
 That would be because that white cloth you are on in the back was a brand new still had the tags on it white skirt and moments before you decided it would be the perfect time to piddle all over it.

 We miss you little dude. Eternity is taking forever to get here but I hope you know how much we love you.
I may not get to see you grow or watch your milestones be hit.
I may not get to see your smile or watch you play with your brothers 
but I can feel you everyday guiding me along!
We love you Carter John.
Love, 
Mommy

1 comment:

and baby makes three said...

I am so incredibly grateful for the "photo shoot" we did with little Carter. I felt very inadequate to photograph such a beautiful baby and I didn't feel I did him justice, but I'm sooo glad we did it anyway. Thank heaven for promptings from the spirit. I didn't even mind the piddle on the new white skirt, totally worth it!