Monday, December 13, 2010

Decorating the tree take 2

 This is how our tree sat for 2 weeks all the ornaments in one area and no lights. That is because PJ and I put up the tree and kept telling the boys we would get around to decorating it later. Well the boys got sick of waiting until later and decorated it themselves so we left it like that until they asked for lights on it as well. 
Well today I had the Christmas spirit in me (between my crazy moments) and we redid the tree.
 My mom made the little bead angels years ago and I felt this year it was very appropriate to put them up (Thank you mom)
I should also add if it wasn't for my mom we wouldn't even have a tree I am glad she knows what her grandsons need.
We looked everywhere for a boy angel to top our tree when we couldn't find that
(since society thinks all angels are girls)
we looked for an orange star so as I was complaining to my 4 year old son about not finding an angel or a star he brought me over this ornament that PJ's grandma Korndoerfer sent to us and said 
"Here mom this is our angel"
No wonder I couldn't find the perfect one I already had it.
How lucky am I to have such an awesome kid to realize that we have our very own awesome angel ornament.

2 comments:

Debby said...

Such a sweet boy you have. Your song today brings tears to my eyes for you. I hope that this holiday is peaceful for you. It has to be reallay hard. ((((HUGS))))

McElwain Family said...

That is so cute! :)